Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV DA Custodian Manager "invalid" characters in address issue

Dead-Data
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Guys,

I've encountered an issue working with distribution lists which have been synchronized from active directory.

The issue is within the EV DA Custodian Manager web site rather than the DA client.

The customer has a large number of groups which start with an asterix '*' character, (also others starting with other nonalphanumeric characters)

when you attempt to expand the membership with the "more" button the web site throws an exception, as it's treating the asterix as a wildcard.

>> Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. - Invalid address: '* ABC123' check that at least three characters are used in front of the wildcard. << 

Any ideas of a way around this so that all characters in display name and email address are treated as literals ?

Thanks

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It isn't the exact same issue but the error is the same as this:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199094

I would recommend upgrading to DA 10 SP3 and seeing if the error is still present.  If it is, open a case with a Symantec as I think it is a bug and needs to be logged.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Could you please provide the Dtrace for AD Synchronizer ?

idaman22
Level 4

What version of DA?

Dead-Data
Level 5

@Rahul  Issue isn't with AD Synchronization, it's with custodian manager website usability.

@IDA   It's EV DA 10.2

I can work around problem be dumping group memberships to CSV, but would be easier for client to be able to browse custodian group memberships on screen.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It isn't the exact same issue but the error is the same as this:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199094

I would recommend upgrading to DA 10 SP3 and seeing if the error is still present.  If it is, open a case with a Symantec as I think it is a bug and needs to be logged.

Cheers,

Dead-Data
Level 5

Thank Tony,

I'm not sure it's the exact same issue, as having "wildcard" characters as a literal within the email and display fields, but fingers crossed that the recent service pack might fix it.

Technically !#$%&'*+-/=?^_`{}|~@somewhere.com is a valid email address, but I'm sure an awful lot of systems would have issues with it !

(Don't know the timeline for rolling out EV10 SP3 within the org, so will mark as solved for the moment.)