cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Discovery Accelerator Research Folders

bpr186
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I am having trouble figuring out how to view Research folders that have been created in EV DA.  I setup a folder and assigned access to be able to view research folders but they are not showing up in DA.  Any guidance would be extremely helpful.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

1.  Do you see the "Research" tab on the top menu?

2.  Does the user have the role assigned in the specific research folder "role assignment"

View solution in original post

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, brp186;

As WiTSend said, you should see a tab labelled "Research" in the DA Client.  As you created the Research Folder, you should have already been in that tab.  Also as you created the Research Folder, you should have automatically been granted Folder Full Control to do anything you need within that folder.

If you created the Research Folder as a child of an existing DA Case, you'll need to expand the listing for that Case in the left (List View) pane in the Research tab.  You should see the Research Folder under that Case.

To confirm you successfully created the Reseach Folder AND it has not become hidden, run the following SQL query against your DA Customer database.  FolderType 331 is a normal Reseach Folder. FolderType 332 is a hidden Research Folder that can't be seen.

SELECT * FROM tblCase WHERE FolderType IN (331, 332);

Look through the output of the above query to see if you can spot the Research Folder that you created.  If you don't see it, then the Research Folder either did not get created or was promoted to be a full DA Case.  To determine if the Research Folder became a full DA Case, run the query again without the WHERE clause (just put 2 dashes in front of the word WHERE to comment out that part, then run the query again).

If you see the Research Folder listed in the output of the above query AND it i showing the FolderType of 332, then something happened to hide that folder and manual intervention would be needed with the help of a CA/DA Support person to alter the FolderType from 332 to 331 in the tblCase table.

I hope this helps.  Please let us know what you find.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

1.  Do you see the "Research" tab on the top menu?

2.  Does the user have the role assigned in the specific research folder "role assignment"

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, brp186;

As WiTSend said, you should see a tab labelled "Research" in the DA Client.  As you created the Research Folder, you should have already been in that tab.  Also as you created the Research Folder, you should have automatically been granted Folder Full Control to do anything you need within that folder.

If you created the Research Folder as a child of an existing DA Case, you'll need to expand the listing for that Case in the left (List View) pane in the Research tab.  You should see the Research Folder under that Case.

To confirm you successfully created the Reseach Folder AND it has not become hidden, run the following SQL query against your DA Customer database.  FolderType 331 is a normal Reseach Folder. FolderType 332 is a hidden Research Folder that can't be seen.

SELECT * FROM tblCase WHERE FolderType IN (331, 332);

Look through the output of the above query to see if you can spot the Research Folder that you created.  If you don't see it, then the Research Folder either did not get created or was promoted to be a full DA Case.  To determine if the Research Folder became a full DA Case, run the query again without the WHERE clause (just put 2 dashes in front of the word WHERE to comment out that part, then run the query again).

If you see the Research Folder listed in the output of the above query AND it i showing the FolderType of 332, then something happened to hide that folder and manual intervention would be needed with the help of a CA/DA Support person to alter the FolderType from 332 to 331 in the tblCase table.

I hope this helps.  Please let us know what you find.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

You need to give roles and permission to view research folder and review the items.

Following TechNotes are useful :

1. About the predefined Discovery Accelerator roles.

2. About the Discovery Accelerator permissions.

3. Giving other users access to your research folders.