cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Indexing error

LizA
Level 3

Hi All,

EV and DA 7.0.  In performing DA searches, we started to see “items or content missing from index”, started an index rebuild but had to abandon due to the length of time it was taking, I'm talking months.  So we restored the index volume from a date prior, and still get these errors. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct without doing an index rebuild.

Problem # 2. We are also seeing “out of sync error” messages, and per Symantec this is happening on the vault currently being updated with email from the journaling server and is normal, as this new data is being added to the vault and indexed.  Is this really normal, and does it impact the ability to perform accurate searches in DA?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For issue 1, did you try to do an Update of the index instead of a Rebuild?

For issue 2, what is the exact message you are seeing?  It sounds like Indexing may be behind for the archive being searched so DA is letting you know you need to run the search again.

I would recommend a few things:

1. Take a look at your EV installation and make sure it is not overtaxed.

2. UPGRADE!  There are loads of improvements that came about in EV\DA 8 so get at least that far!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

For issue 1, did you try to do an Update of the index instead of a Rebuild?

For issue 2, what is the exact message you are seeing?  It sounds like Indexing may be behind for the archive being searched so DA is letting you know you need to run the search again.

I would recommend a few things:

1. Take a look at your EV installation and make sure it is not overtaxed.

2. UPGRADE!  There are loads of improvements that came about in EV\DA 8 so get at least that far!!

LizA
Level 3

Thanks Tony.

On issue 2, the error message is "out of sync error".

TonySterling

so that is what shows in the search page in DA?  It has been a while since I have seen DA 7, can you post a screen shot?

Are the archives that show that current or older ones?  if current it could be indexing is behind, if older you could check the indexes for those archives and see if there is indexmissing.log file.  If there is you might need to update the index.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Also remember that if you find an indexmissing.log file and you do the repair the log file will remain and in DA the index will still show as items missing from the index. You need to rename the indexmissing.log file or delete it so EV cant find it as once it sees this file it assumes there is items missing even if you have corrected the issue