Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV discovery accelerator

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

Hi All,

kindly i need your help, i installed EV discovery accelerator 11, but am not able to connect to http://localhost/evbaadmin/, it give me the below error

"You are viewing this site without administrator privileges. Run the browser as an Administrator and ensure 'Anonymous Authentication' is disabled for this web site."

i gave all the permissions on ISS but still the same problem

kindly your advice 

regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, everyone;

My apologies for the late addition to this thread.  We've been working on this issue for some time and have found a few causes.  The most recent cause was in my own lab.

If you are still getting the error that you don't have rights and you are logged on as the Vault Service Account (VSA) AND this account is a member of the local Administrators group, do the following:

1. Run the 'gpedit.msc' application.

2. Browse to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.

3. Scroll through the list to the 'User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode' option.

4. If this option is set to 'Enabled', this is causing your problem.  Set it to 'Disabled'.

5. Scroll through the list to the 'User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account' option.

6. If this option is set to 'Enabled', this is causing your problem.  Set it to 'Disabled'.

7. Scroll through the list to the 'User Account Control: Behaviour of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode' option.

8. Ensure this option is set to 'Elevate without prompting'.

If you have to change any of the above settings, you should restart the server to refresh the VSA permissions and access on the server.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is your DA Server OS and what version of Internet Explorer?  

What happens if you right click IE and choose to run it as an Administrator?

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

HI,

IE version 11.0.96

EV and DA are same version 11.0.1

if i used administrator it gave me the below

This page requires permissions which you currently do not have. See your Accelerator administrator if you need access.

BR,

TonySterling

Are you logged into the DA server as the Vault Service Account?  You should install and configure DA whilst logged in as the VSA.

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

yes i am using the same VSA user (domain user)

BR,

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

do you still have UAC enabled on your server? you might need to uninstall, disable UAC, reboot, login with VSA, reinstall, and then try go configure. you shouldn't have to change anything manually in IIS.

TonySterling

The VSA should be local admin on the DA and EV Server, is it in your case?

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

Tony, yes the VSA is domain and local admin in DA an EV server

Andrew. I uninstalled and disabled the UAC still the same problem.

The weird thing is that i can Lunch the http://localhost/evbaadmin/ for the first time and i can create database and create customer without any problem. (As per attached)

After that when i open new page or after reboot i cannot open http://localhost/evbaadmin/ 

BR,

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

attached

AndrewB

could there be some GPO getting applied upon reboot and interfering with the settings?

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

even before reboot when i try to opne new IE page it gave me the error, just the first time i lunch it from the installer it works fine

usibune
Not applicable

I`ve the same problem

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner
Guys anyone can advice ?

AndrewB

you might want to open a support ticket so they can spend some time on your system, recreate your process, and monitor it while the issue occurs.

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, everyone;

My apologies for the late addition to this thread.  We've been working on this issue for some time and have found a few causes.  The most recent cause was in my own lab.

If you are still getting the error that you don't have rights and you are logged on as the Vault Service Account (VSA) AND this account is a member of the local Administrators group, do the following:

1. Run the 'gpedit.msc' application.

2. Browse to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options.

3. Scroll through the list to the 'User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode' option.

4. If this option is set to 'Enabled', this is causing your problem.  Set it to 'Disabled'.

5. Scroll through the list to the 'User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account' option.

6. If this option is set to 'Enabled', this is causing your problem.  Set it to 'Disabled'.

7. Scroll through the list to the 'User Account Control: Behaviour of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode' option.

8. Ensure this option is set to 'Elevate without prompting'.

If you have to change any of the above settings, you should restart the server to refresh the VSA permissions and access on the server.