cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10 - Can You add custom metadata fields to files to control when the file is archive/expires

Kwinter
Level 5

Hello,

We are just starting up with EV 10, Discovery Accelerator and our Legal dept is requesting if we can assign a custom field in a files metadata or otherwise to customize when the file is archive and/or when the file is expired?

Thanks,

kwinter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think this is what you need:

About custom filters for File System Archiving

Article: HOWTO57672  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2012-03-31  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO57672

You could also reach out to a partner to assist with this or create something for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

I think what you want to do is set a custom attribute on a file and then have EV archive it and assign retention to the file based on the attribute.  Is that correct?

Kwinter
Level 5

That's it Tony, that's exactly what the team is looking for.  Is there a way in doing this?

TonySterling

I think this is what you need:

About custom filters for File System Archiving

Article: HOWTO57672  |  Created: 2011-08-01  |  Updated: 2012-03-31  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO57672

You could also reach out to a partner to assist with this or create something for you.

Kwinter
Level 5

Tony, I read the artical, but I don't see where I can add a tag on a file to tell it (ie. expire on June-12-2019)?

Any direction would be greatful.

thanks Tony.

TonySterling

So you wouldn't be able to specify a date but what you could do is assign it a 7 retention category.  Then when June 12 2019 rolls around it is eligible for expiry.