cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator search for number range

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi

Can EV DA use the 'numrange' boolean search to search for content that includes numbers?

eg numrange '000..100' to search for all numbers between 0 and 100

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling

Well, to use the * you need at least 3 characters.  I did find this doc, Enterprise Vault 10 Discovery Accelerator Effective Searching May 2014).pdf and maybe analytics can do what you want.  it allows you to use the < and > operators.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

I don't think it is going to do what you are trying to do. Can you elaborate a bit more on the use case?

CadenL

Hi Tony

Yes - so quite simply I'd like to find all items in our archives that contain a number from 00000 to 99999.

I'm hoping just to be able to search the body of the emails only to avoid getting results due to email dates and times etc.

many thanks

TonySterling

So I guess you could try to do a wild card search somehow but you can't specify a range.

CadenL

ok thanks - so I might need to do something like 0* 1* 2* 3* 4*  etc up to 9* and just to filter through the results to remove any results that just aren't numbers but perhaps some kind of string that just happens to contain a digit......

if I do 1* does this mean that the string MUST start with the digit 1  as oppsoed to just a string of characters that contains a 1 somewhere within it?

thanks

TonySterling

Well, to use the * you need at least 3 characters.  I did find this doc, Enterprise Vault 10 Discovery Accelerator Effective Searching May 2014).pdf and maybe analytics can do what you want.  it allows you to use the < and > operators.

CadenL

Thanks Tony