cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External access to Discovery/Compliance Accelerators

BigAnvil
Level 5

Good morning.  I've spent the last hour or so searching the forums to find the answer to my question:  How can I provide access to Discovery Accelerator (and Compliance Accerlator very soon as well) for someone outside our domain?

We are hosting email for an external partner and are also hosting CA/DA for them.  I now need to provide a way for the compliance department at this external domain to access the DA site I've setup for them.  The compliance officer has an account on our domain for VPN use which allows them to access some of our network resources.  However, since their computer exists on an external domain, Integrated Authentication results in "You do not have permission to access the instance..." when trying to connect to their DA site instance.

FYI - I've tested access to their site instance by logging in to a computer on our domain as the same user (the one with the domain account for VPN use) and it works fine.  I don't really understand why an option no longer exists to specify a domain account and password when opening the DA/CA client.

Any tips are appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Big Anvil

A Thumbs up is not the same as Marking as a solution

At the bottom of the selected post you will see MARK AS SOLUTION. this you must click on to mark a post as a solution for it to apply

Happy to help as always

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Do you have a Citrix server that user could remote into and use the client that way?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Get him to do a RUN as.

navigate the toe EXE file AcceleratorClient.exe.

While Holding down the Shift key right click on the exe and select Run as Different User

you will be prompted to enter the credentials. Enter the full domain details e.g scanner@domain1.com and then enter the password on the second line. This will launch the exe as the ID on the other domain

BigAnvil
Level 5

Thank you both for the input.  I've marked Scanner001's answer as the solution even though we decided to resolve things a different way.

After thinking about it more, we decided to setup a Windows 7 virtual machine with the DA client for this person to remotely control.  I have a feeling that it's a slightly better answer with regards to performance than if they were to run the client on their own machine across the WAN.  This way, the results are presented to the local VM client and the compliance officer only has to wait for the screen refresh to occur on his side of the remote desktop session.

Thanks for the amazing help, as always!

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Big Anvil

A Thumbs up is not the same as Marking as a solution

At the bottom of the selected post you will see MARK AS SOLUTION. this you must click on to mark a post as a solution for it to apply

Happy to help as always

BigAnvil
Level 5

You mean the one that says "Mark As Offensive"?  Done!  (just kidding).

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

blush