cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA & Discovery Accelerator Exports EVault version 9.0-SP2

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

1) Does anyone know if this article also applies to version 9.0-SP2?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH58511&actp=search&viewlocale=en_U...

* My DA export modified an archived directoy name to "Long Names". I'm thinking the directory name changes because it was too long and this is what the DA export process does to process it.

2) Also, it seems like exporting items in DA is automatically adding a prefix number to the archived item being exported. Is this normal when using the new version of Discovery Accelerator?

Thanks for your help!

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
We are contacting support for my first question. But I've found a solution for my 2nd Question. The prefix is being added due to a default setting in Discovery Accelerator for FSA. Changing the value to a "0" omits the BATES number. Thanks, D

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For your first question, that seems to have been addressed but that isn't to say it might not have popped back up.  You should contact support.

For the second bit, are you doing an Export or an actual Production. This is a blurb from a technote "If you select Production, a Production Details box appears in which you can set the ID prefix and starting sequence number for the production. You may have set this when you created the case, but you can change it here."

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

I wonder if both questions need to be provided to Support...please let me know what you think. Below is an update on question 2 based on testing completed prior to this post:

* I ran an export under the "Research" Tab. Running an export under this TAB only shows an "Export" option (Not Production), but the end results show a FSA item with a prefix.

* I ran an export under the "CASE" tab. Running an export under this TAB does show the "Export" and "Production" options. I ran a test export using both options (Note: When running it using the "Production" option I did not specify a prefix). However either option still showed a prefix value.

Please keep me posted on your comments,

Thanks for your help,

D

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
We are contacting support for my first question. But I've found a solution for my 2nd Question. The prefix is being added due to a default setting in Discovery Accelerator for FSA. Changing the value to a "0" omits the BATES number. Thanks, D