cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Discovery Accelerator find the EV directory?

doctortt
Level 6

I have a box with nothing but just Discovery Accelerator 2007 installed.  In addition, the EV 2007 binaries are installed but not configured because I have been told that you don't need to configure it.  I launched the evbaadmin website and created a customer database for Discovery Accelerator - entered the SQL server name, SQL database name, SQL database path and etc.  DA created the database without any problem.  In the evbaadmin configuration, I don't see anywhere that you can enter the EV directory server, so DA can talk to.  I've found something weird, and I'm not sure what's wrong.

1) In one test, DA kept on saying that it couldn't find the directory server. I checked services, and there was no directory service because EV on the box wasn't configured because it didn't need to. EV Admin service was not started because, again, EV wasn't configured on that box.

2) In another test, I tried to perform a synchronization in DA, but event viewer kept on saying that it couldn't contact the database server. This was odd because evbaadmin website was able to communicate with the SQL server, and all status said everything was good.  I created the DA database in SQL from the same evbaadmin website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

in EVBAadmin web console there is a section that is called Directory DNS aliases:.

In here you put your EV Directory servers. Normally only the primary Directory Service server is needed. Please ensure that you put in the alias and not the full server name EG. Server name server1.xxx.com DNS Alias EV1. In this case you will enter EV1 into this section. Also you need to ensure that you enter the EV service account details

Under Customer Tasks server you enter the name of the DA server

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

in EVBAadmin web console there is a section that is called Directory DNS aliases:.

In here you put your EV Directory servers. Normally only the primary Directory Service server is needed. Please ensure that you put in the alias and not the full server name EG. Server name server1.xxx.com DNS Alias EV1. In this case you will enter EV1 into this section. Also you need to ensure that you enter the EV service account details

Under Customer Tasks server you enter the name of the DA server

doctortt
Level 6

Thanks a lot! it works. appreciate it.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Happy to help