cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implementation deduplication feature in Discovery Accelerator in EV 10.0.3 .

Moroccosun
Level 4
Partner

Hi ,

How to implementation deduplication feature in Discovery Accelerator in EV 10.0.3 .

i have licence Discovery Accelerator for exchange .

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

The deduplication feature was introduced in version 9.0 of Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator

Have look at the White papaer for Accelerator Deduplication : http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3621. It shows version 9.0 in that article but is similar for 10.0

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

The deduplication feature was introduced in version 9.0 of Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator

Have look at the White papaer for Accelerator Deduplication : http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3621. It shows version 9.0 in that article but is similar for 10.0

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Just to add if you enable Analytics in DA the deduplication should be enabled.

- Shailesh

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

DA%20Stack.jpg

Discovery Accelerator provides a Deduplication feature. The purpose of this feature is to minimize review, export, and production times by letting you identify and exclude similar items and duplicate items. Discovery Accelerator considers items to be similar when they have the same metadata properties, such as author display names, subjects, and number of attachments. Duplicate items have exactly the same content as well as the same metadata properties. The option to identify and exclude duplicate items is available only in cases that you have enabled for analytics. This is not true of similar items, however, which you can identify and exclude in all cases.

The Stack field on the Review pane lets you hide or show duplicate items and similar items in the review set

1. When the Stack field is set to ‘None’, duplicate items captured in the Case will be shown in the review set if they were captured by a single search or if they were captured by multiple searches.

2. When the Stack field is set to 'Similar', duplicate items are hidden based on metadata such as, but not limited to, ConversationID, Author, Recipient(s), and Subject.

3. When the Stack field is set to 'Duplicates', which is only available if Analytics has been enabled on the DA Case, duplicate items are hidden based on the same metadata used by the 'Similar' option and the item content.

Note: If you sort the items before you select an option in the Stack field then, after you have selected the Stack option, the items may no longer be in the original sort order. For example, this is the case if you first choose to sort the items by the Author column and then select one of the Stack options.

To Enable Stack option in Review Pane the Case should be Analytic Enable. By default Analytic is Disabled.

Each DA Case has the option to enable Analytics to run within the scope of the Case.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

EnableAnalytic.JPGHow to Enable Analytics on Case.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Have you got information that you require ?

If you have any query please let me know.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Any update on this issue.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you having any query about the DA Deduplication Feature ?

Please let me know. I would be happy to assist you.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Could you let me know the update.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Is your issue is resolved ?

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic? Please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic?

If not then please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.