cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate search status is queued - need to export all outgoing mail for one archived week

Ariphaneus
Level 4

We have DA set up on a Windows Server 2008 R2 box which is seperate from our Vault server and accessed via the console on a windows XP box.  I set up the search for a single user's archive with the criteria being that it is from him within the week required.  I saved it as an immediate search but it comes up with a status of queued.  There is another search going on at the moment but would this be why it is currently queued?  The end goal is simply to export all outgoing mail from this user with in this one week period of time; is there an easier way to do this?  Any assistance is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The previously started search that is still running could be causing the new search to still be queued, but there could also be other causes.  Please check the following to ensure they are OK:

1. On the SQL Server hosting the DA Customer database, ensure there is plenty of available disk space for the transaction log of the DA Customer database growth.
  2. Also check that customer database's properties to ensure the database and its transaction log growth settings are set to unlimited growth in fixed increments of from 200 MB to 500 MB.
  3. On the EV server running the EV Indexing Service, make sure the EV Indexing Service is running.  I've seen where an EV 10 server will boot and not start the EV Indexing Service, so it must be manually started.
  4. If the EV Indexing Service is running and the prior DA search is not progressing, restart the EV Indexing Service, then go to the DA server and restart the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service.

Let us know how this works out for you, please.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6

The previously started search that is still running could be causing the new search to still be queued, but there could also be other causes.  Please check the following to ensure they are OK:

1. On the SQL Server hosting the DA Customer database, ensure there is plenty of available disk space for the transaction log of the DA Customer database growth.
  2. Also check that customer database's properties to ensure the database and its transaction log growth settings are set to unlimited growth in fixed increments of from 200 MB to 500 MB.
  3. On the EV server running the EV Indexing Service, make sure the EV Indexing Service is running.  I've seen where an EV 10 server will boot and not start the EV Indexing Service, so it must be manually started.
  4. If the EV Indexing Service is running and the prior DA search is not progressing, restart the EV Indexing Service, then go to the DA server and restart the Enterprise Vault Accelerator Manager Service.

Let us know how this works out for you, please.

Ariphaneus
Level 4

Turned out it was queued due to the other search.  However my search criteria seem to be faulty.  I am just trying to export all mail from a single user's outbox for one week.  I left my criteria as only the dates for the given week (a year ago) and from the user.  I selected only that user's archive for the search and used his email address instead of adding him to contacts.  Is there something that I'm missing?

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6

If you want all items from the user's Outbox (Sent Items folder?), then selecting that user's archive as the only archive selected is correct as far as that goes.  For the remaining criteria, specifying onlyt that week was also correct.  From there, you can leave all other fields empty with the exception of the 'Free form attributes' lines.  You should try using both of these lines and populate them as follows:

Attribute:  locn     Type:  String     Operator:  Any     Value:  "Sent Items"

Attribute:  clcn     Type:  String     Operator:  Any     Value:  "Sent Items"

You may not find anything if you don't archive the Sent Items folder, so just be aware of that.

You may need to search your journal archive for all e-mails FROM that user for that date span to get a more complete set of e-mails.  If you use Custodian Manager and synchronize it to your Active Directory, you should select that user's Custodian Manager entry and pick the option to use both Display Name and SMTP addresses for a more complete set of hits when searching the journal archive.

Please keep us informed as to your progress with this.  We'll be happy to help as we are able.

Ariphaneus
Level 4

The above search criteria returns an error on the Free form attributes.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Could you share the screenshot of the error of Free form attribute .

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Is this issue is resolved. If not please share more info about the issue.

Please update us about the status of this issue.