cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance rights issue

Bobc
Level 4

I need to setup a number of users with the DA Client. I've configured their case role but they get the "you do not have permission to access the instance "xyz"  error message. Does anyone know what the minimum access permissions are that a user needs to open the client (access the instance) and is that set as a application role or within the manager ? It looks like case roles don't apply at the application level.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So these are the steps you followed?

1. Click on the Cases tab and select the desired case from the left pane windows.
2. Click on Role Assignment and add or select the desired user under User and Groups.
3. Under Assigned Roles, add the appropriate role using the Add Role button at the bottom right corner and click Save.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136006&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1323990141971

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

So you assigned the users a role in the Case Roles Assignement?  As long as the case is open the users should have access.

Are they trying to launch the client from their own computers?  How are they logged in?  The DA client is going to use IWA.

Bobc
Level 4

They are using their own workstations, logged in with their own Windows domain user accounts.

TonySterling

So these are the steps you followed?

1. Click on the Cases tab and select the desired case from the left pane windows.
2. Click on Role Assignment and add or select the desired user under User and Groups.
3. Under Assigned Roles, add the appropriate role using the Add Role button at the bottom right corner and click Save.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136006&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1323990141971

Bobc
Level 4

Blah, you got me Tony. When I set it up I had added a group with the needed role assigment, it looks like someone came along later and added the user account for a person who was also in the group account with no role assignment. I removed that account and now it is working as expected.