cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving / Setting up Discovery Accelerator Customer Database on new server

Shawn_Waggoner
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Is it possible to attach to a DA customer database from a new DA server? Currently we have EV/DA 8 SP1 and are upgrading EV to version 9. We have to move to a new DA server to go to 64bit and have seen the articles on moving DA servers. Instead of moving DA servers and then upgrading, we are considering just setting up a new DA server with version 9. This would have a new configuration database and avoid those hassles.

The question comes to the customer database. Can that be attached to the new DA server? Specifically, can a DA 8 customer database be attached to a DA 9 server and then upgraded independently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6

I would say not unfortunatley as the customer DB ties up witht he config DB in some ways.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6

I would say not unfortunatley as the customer DB ties up witht he config DB in some ways.

Shawn_Waggoner
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

The change in OS is what makes this a huge pain. Was really hoping to be able to move the customer DB to a new server.

saiid
Level 2
Certified

is it possible to move a customer database to a new dedicated SQL server for discovery accelerator? Our current SQL service hosts the directory, fingerprint, journaling, archiving and customer databases. There is a total of 25 databases on this SQL server and 14 on another. I would like to move the customer databse to its own sql server to improve on performance etc.The discovery accelerator server will remain on the same server. EV 8 SP4