cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple DA/EV-sites, 1 client?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

We have multiple (geographically decided) Enterprise Vault sites, each having their own DA-server.

We will soon be upgrading to 8.05, then to 9.02

When on 8.05, I believe it should be possible to connect to the different DA-servers from 1 workstation running the DA-client.

The EV-sites are called differently, and have different service-accounts, but they all are in the same windows-domain. From reading the documents (best practice amongst others), it is not getting clear if it is possible to access the different DA-servers from 1 workstation/DA-client.

I assume it is, as long as you have set the proper rights and know where to go.

Example:

Site A = Netherlands, Site B = Belgium, Site C = France

In Site A there is a workstation legal uses to perform searches. They now connect to the respective DA-website to start a search. According to me, when on 8, they should be able to have the client connect to the respective install in Site A, B or C.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling

Hi Gertjan,

Yes, you can enter in a servername in the Client Login prompt for the other sites so you users will just need to know what to enter.

As long as their AD account has permissions on a case they will be able to log in.

Regards,

Tony

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling

Hi Gertjan,

Yes, you can enter in a servername in the Client Login prompt for the other sites so you users will just need to know what to enter.

As long as their AD account has permissions on a case they will be able to log in.

Regards,

Tony