Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple DA servers in a single EV site

Fremont
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Looking for input on this question:

Customer has a single EV site but 2 EV servers in US and EU, with local SQL servers used for storing VS DB's in US and EU.

Would like to implement DA serves in both locations.

Should I configure 2 separate DA config DB's and 2 customer DB's for US and EU?  Is that permitted?  If not, can I use the same config DB and separate customer DB's for each location?

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i dont think you can have more than 1 DA server per config DB so you'd have to go with a completely seperate setup for the EU part. then you'd have the challenge of managing seperate DA instances that are both communicating to the same EV.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

technically, i think you should only have 1 DA server per EV site. your searches would be fine since EV and DA only send across a small XML file so the challenge would be when it comes time to export across the wire.

Fremont
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Right.  I wonder what that limitation entails.  If I build a second DA server and tell it to use the same config DB but new customer DB, would that work?

Thanks,

AndrewB

i dont think you can have more than 1 DA server per config DB so you'd have to go with a completely seperate setup for the EU part. then you'd have the challenge of managing seperate DA instances that are both communicating to the same EV.