Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Vaults in Discovery Accelerator

MartinZeifang
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hallo everyone,

I can't create cased in DA. It can't find any Vault Stores. If I try to synchronise manually I get two Error Events in the Event log:

EventID: 302:

APP AT - Customer ID: 3 - An Error has occured when inserting Site to be search on. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007007F): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4EC6FF78-C97A-11D1-90E0-0000F879BE6A} failed due to the following error: 8007007f.
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(Type objectType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(Type serverType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
at KVS.Accelerator.Search.RetentionCategories.UpdateSites()

as well as

Event ID: 451:

APP AT - Customer ID: 3 - An Error has occured when inserting Site to be search on. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007007F): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4EC6FF78-C97A-11D1-90E0-0000F879BE6A} failed due to the following error: 8007007f.
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(Type objectType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(Type serverType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
at KVS.Accelerator.Application.VaultStores.SynchronizeSites(String directoryMachine, ManualResetEvent stopEvent)

Any Ideas on thatone? I already reinstalled AD, restartet the Service, IIS, the Server :)
everything without any changes.

Thank you in advanced

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have installed DA on the EV server several times and it works without issue.

I asked above about the installation directory, can you tell us what the install path is for DA and EV?

Also, as noted above, have you made sure all the pre-reqs have been met?

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

TonySterling

Hi there,

what version of EV and DA?  

Is DA installed on the same server as EV?   If separate do the versions of EV match?

Also, on the EVBAAdmin page verify your EV details. 

Regards

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

When you configure a case make sure you enter the correct DNS site aillas is entered properly refer the following document 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55783

MartinZeifang
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thank you for the tip. I already found the Artical 55783. But Name is correct.

I'm Usind EV 10.0.1 with EV and DA on the same Server.

Reinstalling Enterprise Vault (Repair) didn't help as well...

TonySterling

So my next question, have you actually archived anything?  Is this a new install?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Also check if you have correct version of Ev binaries installed on the Ev server .The binaries on the Da server should be of same version as Ev server.

MartinZeifang
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hallo everybody,

Enterprise Vault 10.0.0 was insalled as a new installation. I upgrated to 10.0.1. Archiving for Email, File and Sharepoint is working fine. DA is not an Update. It was never installed as 10.0.0. I only installed 10.0.1

TonySterling

The next thing to look at is the installation directory.  Did you keep EV and DA in the same installation path?

idaman22
Level 4

You might want to try the IP address of the EV site server, i.e. the first EV server in the site to rule out DNS issues. Can you ping by name to the EV site name in the command window on the DA server? Also please stop the windows firewall service on DA server to see if that helps. The DA server needs to connect to the EV site server to get the path to the EV Directory database to get the list of vaults availabale to search.

chinzaghi
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

I have the same problem... Hope to get some help.

MartinZeifang
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hallo Idaman22,

thank you for the tip. But PING and DNS is working fine. I already tried to use the IP instead of the Alias. Didn't change anything.

@chinzaghi: do you also use EV 10.0.1?

Thanks

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You need to make sure the binaries on the DA server is also Upgraded to 10.0.1. To Ev binaries is one of the pre rewuisite to install Da and the version of Ev binaries should be the same as of you Ev server.So as you mentioned you have upgraded to  EVserver to  10.0.1 you need to upgrade the Ev binaries on the DA server to the same version.

TonySterling

As he said above, DA is on the EV server.

idaman22
Level 4

This may be due to installing DA on same server as EV and you may need to log a call to support to resolve. If you cannot install DA on a stand alone DA server with either EV binaries or EVAPI. I would uninstall DA, ensure I have "Authenticated Users" garnted full control for C:\Windows\Temp and the C:\Windows\Micorsoft.Net folders per the install instructions. Re-install DA and check the DA customer dB for tblVaults to see if it is populated.

TonySterling

I have installed DA on the EV server several times and it works without issue.

I asked above about the installation directory, can you tell us what the install path is for DA and EV?

Also, as noted above, have you made sure all the pre-reqs have been met?

idaman22
Level 4

I seem to recall of an instance where it did have this isssue (DA and EV on same server) but no longer have access to Symantec's internal documentation. That is why I recommend a call to support. But before that I would follow the steps previously mentioned, i.e. ensure pre-reqs met, uninstall, re-install after verfying pre-reqs.

MartinZeifang
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hallo Everybody,

fist I'd like to answer TonySterlings Question: The Installatiospath is on both the Default Path.
The prerequierments are all set.
I installed DA on a second Server. That worked very well.

patriot3w
Level 5
Partner Accredited

We here have the same issue after upgraded from DA v10 to v10 SP1. 

chinzaghi
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

MartinZeifang:

I have the same problem as yours.

EV 10 new installed, and upgrade to 10.0.1. Then intall DA 10.0.1 on the same server.