or
phrase6

and

phrase7
or
phrase8
or
phrase9

Can I put each of these in seperate Content or Subject boxes with "any of" and then the seperate boxes are "ands" between the 3 boxes in search terms?

Thanks!

Scott D Hastings Sr
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You may contrsuct the search as per the screenshot.

View solution in original post

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

In the DA_Reviewer_Guide.pdf on page 18 for DA 9 in the About search criteria options section it says this

1. Note: When you construct a search that contains multiple options, pay attention to how each option interacts with the others in the search properties pane. Discovery Accelerator links all the selected options together with Boolean AND operators rather than OR operators.

For example, suppose that you construct a search in which you specify a data range in the Date range section, a search term in the Search terms section, and a file extension in the Attachments section. The search results will contain only those items that match all the search criteria. Discovery Accelerator ignores any items that match some of the search criteria options but not others. 

HTH,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You may contrsuct the search as per the screenshot.

TonySterling

Yes, that is how you can do it.  You might want to have a review of this:

Enterprise Vault Discovery Accelerator Effective Searching White Paper

Article:HOWTO77131  |  Created: 2012-06-12  |  Updated: 2014-02-27  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO77131

Scott__Hastings
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

I'll take your word for it, but Tony or AmolZeroCool, can you point out to me in the document where is says seperate boxes are "AND" operators?

Thanks to both of you guys?

scott

Scott D Hastings Sr

TonySterling

In the DA_Reviewer_Guide.pdf on page 18 for DA 9 in the About search criteria options section it says this

1. Note: When you construct a search that contains multiple options, pay attention to how each option interacts with the others in the search properties pane. Discovery Accelerator links all the selected options together with Boolean AND operators rather than OR operators.

For example, suppose that you construct a search in which you specify a data range in the Date range section, a search term in the Search terms section, and a file extension in the Attachments section. The search results will contain only those items that match all the search criteria. Discovery Accelerator ignores any items that match some of the search criteria options but not others. 

HTH,