cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Journal or all mailboxes - or both?

lsukip
Level 2

We've been running Discovery Accelerator for some time now and I have always wondered if there is a benefit to searching more than just the Jornal mailbox for Legal Cases.  It seems to me that if the Journal has a copy of all mail items, then searching the individual mailboxes is just repetitive. Anyone know of any documentation to back up my theory?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Almost changes my answer.

Again, users could COPY a mail item in their mailbox, then edit it, and add 'useful' or 'bad' stuff. They could also save items in their DRAFTS folder.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Journal mailbox will be all mail sent and received.

What about items in mailboxes like contacts, tasks, calendar/meeting/appointments ...  all of these are things that end-users might make, and don't result in anything being sent (or received) so won't be in the journal mailbox (therefore not the journal archive)

lsukip
Level 2

Ah, ok. We don't Archive anything other than mail items, so I guess I never thought of that. I'll have to check with our Legal to confirm that they don't need that.

Assuming they only want to search mail items, does that change your answer?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Almost changes my answer.

Again, users could COPY a mail item in their mailbox, then edit it, and add 'useful' or 'bad' stuff. They could also save items in their DRAFTS folder.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

psts and mailbox backlog are a couple other things to consider