cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for Searching Experts!

hlbenda
Level 3

Help!  I know this should not be hard, but things never work out when you are in a time crunch do they?  All I need to do is get all the emails that are To or From one account when they are either To or From another account (basically all emails between 2 accounts.) 

We are on version 9.0

I can easily get all emails to or from both addresses, but limiting it down to just the ones where they were to or from eachother is very difficult.  I have found nothing in the documentation like this, if it's there, please point me in the right direction.

All help is appreciated in advance,

smiley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No problem Heather!  That's why I asked to see your criteria, sometimes we can't see the forest for the tress.  smiley

Glad you got it sorted.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TonySterling

Use the To field for the first box and put both people, choose Any of:

In the second search term box choose From and put both people, Any of is the only option.

That should do it.

hlbenda
Level 3

I tried that last night, having read your previous post from a while back.... it did not work.  I still got all of the messages from both accounts, not just the ones between the 2 accounts that I wanted.  I'll try it again, maybe I had something not set correctly.

hlbenda
Level 3

I am still getting some messages that are not between the 2 accounts - all of the messages returned have at least one of the addresses, but not all have both.  We are on version 9.0, do you think that has something to do with it?

TonySterling

No, that version should not be a problem. 

Can you post a screen shot of your criteria?

Another thing to try is to put user1 in the To search box and user2 in the From and run that search.  See what those results are.

hlbenda
Level 3

I think I found what I was doing wrong - I was using the "To or From" for both of the fields, not "To" on the top and "From" on the bottom.  It's funny how easy it is to see when I was masking out the confidential info from the screen shot that I was getting ready to post!  Thank you for your patience!  :)

TonySterling

No problem Heather!  That's why I asked to see your criteria, sometimes we can't see the forest for the tress.  smiley

Glad you got it sorted.

hlbenda
Level 3

Does it matter if the to or the from is first?

I noticed that yours had the 2 accounts reversed in the From - does the order of the accounts matter?

TonySterling

No, that doesn't matter at all.

hlbenda
Level 3

Thank you!