cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Client Failure

Bobc
Level 4

We have a workstation (Windows 7) that we've installed the DA 8.0.2 in the past and it worked with no issues. Recently when the user starts the client the initial client window opens but is blank, and eventually just hangs. I have tried un-installing and re-installing the client and even removed and re-added the workstation to the domain but it continues to come up blank. I've logged in as a different user also and it does the same thing. There are no errors on the workstation or the server side and everything else is working with no issues. Anyone ever seen this particular behavior and hopefully have a fix?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is a strange one.  If you can easily redo the workstation then there you go.  :)

If not, I you need to try an narrow down what changed before it stopped working.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

So are other users able to open the client on a different computer?  Have you tried restarting the Accelerator Admin service?

Any changes to the DA server?

Bobc
Level 4

All other users are working just fine, and this particular user can login on another workstation and open the client also. No changes to the DA server so it really looks like a workstation issue, even though everything else is working just fine. I'll try restarting the Acclereator admin service just on the off chance that might clear it.

TonySterling

Ah, ok.  If it is working elsewhere then restarting the service probably won't help.  :)

Try enabling tracing on the client then grab a trace for one that works and the one that doesn't so we can compare the two.  Feel free to change machince\user names to something generic.

How to set logging for Compliance and Discovery Accelerator Client

Article: TECH169187  |  Created: 2011-09-09  |  Updated: 2012-02-10  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH169187

Bobc
Level 4

Well, looks like the appliaction is hanging before it can even create the log. Windows is giving the generic AppHang error Event ID 1002. Might just be easier to redo the whole workstation.

TonySterling

That is a strange one.  If you can easily redo the workstation then there you go.  :)

If not, I you need to try an narrow down what changed before it stopped working.