cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view Event logs in Discovery Accelerator Server.

Srinivasan
Level 4

Unable to view Event logs in Discovery Accelerator Server.

When Selecting the Symantec Enterprise vault, Operations Manager, Symantec Enterprise vault converters.

Error: Event Viewer cannot open the Event Log or custom view. Verify the Event Log service is running. Access is Denied (5).

Able to view Windows logs.

Regards,
Srini

5 REPLIES 5

Maverik
Level 6
Can you open the event logs directly?

Is the event log service running?

Srinivasan
Level 4
Hi Don,

Actions Taken,
============
Yes i am able to open Event viewer directly. Event Log serice is running.

I am able to view Windows logs in Event viewer. Only the Symantec Enterprise vault, Operations Manager, Symantec Enterprise vault converters.

Confirmed Enterprise vault admin having full access to all the folders.
%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs

But i am not able to find any files of EV

%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\ Symantec Enterprise Vault.evtx
                                                                            Symantec Enterprise Vault converters.evtx
                                                                            operations manager.evtx

Regards,
Srini

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi,

The .CAB file is generated when you run the Deployment Scanner option from EV7 upwards should contain the event logs. The following Technote gives information on how to run this http://support.veritas.com/docs/300867

This may be a long route, but it might work.

Are you trying to view the event logs when logged in as a local administrator or even the vault service account ?

Srinivasan
Level 4
HI Paul,

I have ran the Deployment Scanner in Discovery Accelerator Server.  I am not able to see Event Log files..

Yes in Admin Login also i can able to see the Enterprise Vault Event Viewer.

Regards,
Srinivasan

Srinivasan
Level 4
HI Paul,

I have ran the Deployment Scanner in Discovery Accelerator Server.  I am not able to see Event Log files..

Yes in Admin Login also i can able to see the Enterprise Vault Event Viewer.

Regards,
Srini