cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Discovery Accelerator report templates

Eugene_Tang
Level 3

I have a quick question on uploading DA report templates.

This article:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/328412.htm

states the following:

"On the Discovery Accelerator server, open the Accelerator Manager Web site."

I have found that it is possible to upload the templates without using the DA server directly just via the Accelerator Manager site. The upload appeared to go through without a hitch.

Are there any negative consequences for doing so, or must the site be opened on the DA server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Eugene,

I have always done this logged in to the DA Server as I am typically doing the install/upgrade from there anyway.

The big question is do the reports show and do they work?  If they do then I do not know of any negative gotcha's.

What is the reason for not logging into the DA Server, just curious?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Hi Eugene,

I have always done this logged in to the DA Server as I am typically doing the install/upgrade from there anyway.

The big question is do the reports show and do they work?  If they do then I do not know of any negative gotcha's.

What is the reason for not logging into the DA Server, just curious?

Eugene_Tang
Level 3

Interesting you ask whether or not the reports show/work. I heard from the user a little later that the previews aren't coming up. The  screenshot I was shown indicates the existing reports are there, but the preview pane displays a "this program cannot display the webpage" error.

As for why I didn't log into the DA server, it was mainly a matter of convenience. This particular instance was dealing with our test environment, which is in a separate AD forest from our production network. So rather than launch an RDP session to that server, I just accessed the DA website from the production network. The only difference was the site prompted me for credentials, and I specified the VSA.

So now I'm not sure if the reported behavior is a result of my lazy method of uploading the templates. If it can be corrected by logging into the DA server, I can certainly do that.

TonySterling
You could always log in to the DA server and reload them to see if that resolves the issue.