cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acceptance after search write legal holds is very slow

ThiloSchweizer
Level 3

Hello,

We had to do a search with more the 10.000.000 hits. After the system found all the hits a pressed acceptance with the expection the system will write the legal hold entry very fast in the system and the items are save.

Now 2 weeks ago we have only 300.000 entries with the lagal hold information and the system is still on accepting...

We can not wait 1 year for this job. Do you know how to accelerate this ?

regards

Thilo Schweizer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So I see from a previous post you recently upgraded, was this search created after you upgrade DA?

Other than that I would recommend you work though the Troubleshooting Legal Holds technote.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

First off, a search with 10 million hits!  Seems a like you need to craft some better searches!

Given the size of your search and now that you are accepting them I imagine your SQL transaction log has exploded, you haven't ran out of space for it have you?

What version of DA and EV are you?

Also, have a look at these:

TECH76403   Legal Hold Best Practices

Troubleshooting Legal Holds

Article: TECH76407  |  Created: 2009-01-04  |  Updated: 2009-01-13  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76407

The process of applying Legal Holds stops or runs at a very slow pace.

Article: TECH126035  |  Created: 2010-01-05  |  Updated: 2012-01-19  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126035

ThiloSchweizer
Level 3

Hello Tony,

We are running 9.0.2. on EV and DA.

Your are right with the search but we have to block all items from the past to a special date this year. We have to freeze our old content.

We didn´t found an exploded transaction log on our SQL server. The log is 12Gbyte. Our DB trending shows me no problem of the size.

regards

Thilo

TonySterling

So I see from a previous post you recently upgraded, was this search created after you upgrade DA?

Other than that I would recommend you work though the Troubleshooting Legal Holds technote.

ThiloSchweizer
Level 3

Hi Tony,

upgrade was done in august 2011.

We start with DA Nov. 2011.

I will check technotes, but found nothing in this moment. will do further investigation....

Thanks