cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating different searches in one case and exporting seperate pst's

Rhythm123
Level 3

Hi ,

i had a criteria where i have to seach for different users based on some criteria under one case and

needed to get the pst's seperatley for each case. what i did is created 6 new searches in a single case and accepted all the seaches

\then exported which turned out single pst file .

do i have to accept each seach speperately and export ? if i needed in single case ?

How it works ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nups
Level 4
Employee Certified

Hi,

While performing an export you can select a  particular search from the drop down under Search so that items from only the select search are exported.

So in your case you can have 6 psts for 6 different searches.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nups
Level 4
Employee Certified

Hi,

While performing an export you can select a  particular search from the drop down under Search so that items from only the select search are exported.

Nups
Level 4
Employee Certified

Hi,

Rhythm123
Level 3

Thanks , it helped

Rhythm123
Level 3

One thing i noticed that In one case after exporting the search , if we try to do the same search we

don’t get the result . I mean the hits will be zero even if we search changing the search criteria. somehow I feel the exported items are locked for that case and it will not recognise again .

Just need to know the reason behind it .

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The 'Include items already in review' option controls if items found by the search will be included if a previous search found the same items.  By default, this option is not checked, so the new search would return 0 hits if all items it found have already been accepted into the review set by one or more previous searches.

So, when you run a search in a case that already has items AND you want that search to find items already in the case, be sure to check the 'Include items already in review' option.  Using this option will allow you to export based on the hits in the 'new' search and be assured the items will be included in the review set.

Rhythm123
Level 3

Thank you , this is where the exact problem was.