cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export file system archiving searches

goof717
Level 5

hello. thanks for the time and effort.

I did a file system archive search and want to export the items.  however when i go to export> new > searches..the search is not listed in the drop down list.  is there something i am missing that else needs to be done for the export?  thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, goof717;

The first thing I have to ask is if you've accepted the search into the case or Research Folder's review set?  If not, you'll have to accept the search results in order for them to be available for exporting.

One note about performing a file system archive export is that you won't be able to export them into PST files.  Export them to their original format and you'll be good.  They will export into a folder structure in the export location.  From there, you'll need to move them to whatever resource where they are needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello, goof717;

The first thing I have to ask is if you've accepted the search into the case or Research Folder's review set?  If not, you'll have to accept the search results in order for them to be available for exporting.

One note about performing a file system archive export is that you won't be able to export them into PST files.  Export them to their original format and you'll be good.  They will export into a folder structure in the export location.  From there, you'll need to move them to whatever resource where they are needed.

goof717
Level 5

thanks Ken. appreciate the quick response.