cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nstalling Discovery Accelerator 10 on the same server running Enterprise Vault 10

legomai
Level 4

Since we never used Discovery Accelerator, I uninstalled it  before  upgrading  EV 9 to EV 10. When we were at 2007 and 8  DA was running on the same server as  Enterprise Vault and we never had problems running test cases.  We were and still are only manging 400 mailboxes.

Now a situation comes up where we are probably going to need DA.  The version 10 documentation strongly recommends  installing DA on a separate server.  Because we were able to run DA  and EV way back when on one server, my boss wants to do the same thing with it now.

With that small amount of mailboxes can I get away with runing DA 10 on my EV10 server?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Given the number of users, providing the EV server has sufficient horsepower you should be fine with co-locating DA.  I would recommend that you not run any searches during the archive window.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Given the number of users, providing the EV server has sufficient horsepower you should be fine with co-locating DA.  I would recommend that you not run any searches during the archive window.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Agreed with WiTSend, for an environment of your size you should be fine.  Worse case is you see performance issues and you need to move DA to a dedicated server.

legomai
Level 4

Thanks.