cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Manage or Create Groups" slow in Custodian Manager

goatboy
Level 6

Hi, I installed Custodian Manager and everything went fine.

Question, when I click on "Manage or Create Custodians", everything is quick in the GUI.

When I click "Manage or Create Groups", it is extremely slow (takes a full minute to get to the next page).

I have about the same number of synched users and groups (~22,000). Any idea why the "Manage or Create Groups" is so slow? Any way to speed it up? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am pretty sure it is actually running an LDAP query at that time, hence the slowness every time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Of that 22K how many are groups?  I know there used to be a timeout when trying to synch groups so it might just come down to the LDAP query being executed by CM.

Sorry, I don't know of anyway to tune that.  You could open a case with support to see if they are aware of the issue.

goatboy
Level 6

I have 25035 custodians and 22573 custodian groups.

I would have assumed all the groups are already synched and when I click the "Manage or Create Groups" link, it simply queries the database? So confused why it's so slow, I will open a case and reply back.

TonySterling

I am pretty sure it is actually running an LDAP query at that time, hence the slowness every time.

goatboy
Level 6

Symantec confirmed the same, apparently there have been some improvements in 9.0.3. I can live with it for now.