Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

version upgrade and co-existence with previous version

Gaurav_Nayak
Level 2
Certified

Hello all,

I recently noticed that my DA server is being bombarded with event id 100 whenever we run a search. In speaking with symantec they pointed me to upgrade current configuration to SP5 with a reference of TECH78231. DA version running in our production environment is SP3

My question is can DA SP5 co-exist with other versions of EV especially journaling server which runs v 8 SP3?

And the upgrade path from DA 8 SP3 to SP5 would be direct installation of SP5 or go for SP4 first and then roll out SP5 ?

thank you,

Gaurav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, DA 8 sp 5 will work with EV 8 sp 3.

Check out this Technote:  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53174

2) Starting with CA and/or DA 8.0 SP3, the version of CA or DA must be greater than or equal to the installed version of EV.  For example, if EV 8.0 SP4 is installed, CA and/or DA must also be at the 8.0 SP4 release.

You will also see that you can go directly to sp 5 from sp 3 for DA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Yes, DA 8 sp 5 will work with EV 8 sp 3.

Check out this Technote:  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53174

2) Starting with CA and/or DA 8.0 SP3, the version of CA or DA must be greater than or equal to the installed version of EV.  For example, if EV 8.0 SP4 is installed, CA and/or DA must also be at the 8.0 SP4 release.

You will also see that you can go directly to sp 5 from sp 3 for DA

Gaurav_Nayak
Level 2
Certified

that cleared all my queries

one last question is do i backup any component that belongs to DA in terms of a strong backup plan before the upgrade and if there is any validation that i need to after i knock out SP5

TonySterling

You will want to backup the DA databases.  Also, you will need to roll out the new client to do your testing.  If it were me, I would test case creation, search, review, and export just to be sure.

HTH,

Tony

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello Gaurav,

Yes, DA 8.0 SP5 can work against EV 8.0 SP3 ( in fact, it can work with anything from EV 8.0 to EV 8.0

SP5 ) . But please confirm that the EV environment you are targetting doesn't remain in the mixed mode

sitatuion ( like some EV Servers are on EV 8.0 SP3 and some are on EV 8.0 SP5 ) . That situation is

not tested and not supported by the product.

DA Server requires an API runtime of full installtion of EV with the same version ( down to SP level ) as 

the EV environment you are targetting.

Cheers,

Alok