cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape Drives Ready? Yes/No?

Innovation101
Level 2

Hello All,

My environment has a total of 48 drives. But theres only 12-13 drives that actually write and become "Active". The majority of drives state "TLD" and under the "Ready" column, it has "NO".  Some drives have multiple paths to servers and others just have one path. Is there a way to enable ALL drives to be "Ready" for a job?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Innovation101,

You might want to check with one of the Backup forums.  This forum deals with multiple paths to harddrives.  We don't typically deal with tape devices.

The only thing that I can recommend when it comes to tape devices is to keep them on a seperate bus from your disk devices.  Tape devices require a higher number of bus resets to be performed which can cause issues with disk access.

Thanks,

Wally

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Innovation101,

You might want to check with one of the Backup forums.  This forum deals with multiple paths to harddrives.  We don't typically deal with tape devices.

The only thing that I can recommend when it comes to tape devices is to keep them on a seperate bus from your disk devices.  Tape devices require a higher number of bus resets to be performed which can cause issues with disk access.

Thanks,

Wally

Tmy_70
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you have shared storage option?

Innovation101
Level 2

Thank you all for your input. A partial solution to our problem was to rescan some of our media servers.

Thanks