cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.5 Backup Exchange Error

ncpcipher
Level 2
Partner
Running 2 backup jobs FULL Backup on Saturdays. Incremental Backup on Weekdays. There are 2 Jobs Setup. Getting an error on the incremental job: Job ended: 17 August 2010 at 22:32:05 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000035e - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full backup of this database. You must use the Exchange Agent to run a full backup before you run a differential or incremental backup. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-862 Went to that link Followed the first suggestion <> to no avail - both jobs are showing "server1" as the name in the selection. installed the hotfix suggested in this link <> ALSO to no avail. The client does not appear to have BESR as referred to in the final link <> I have also updated Symantec to the latest SP/Patch level to no avail. I hope someone can assist me further, as I can find no way of making what should be simple backup work without fault?
1 REPLY 1

ncpcipher
Level 2
Partner

Hello All

Is there anyone who is able to offer a concrete fix for this - as noted above it is what is a fairly straightfoward backup process - Full on Friday, incrementals on Weekdays.

However since changing to this method from a full daily backup of exchange DB, it has never worked.

It referes to an Exchange Agent, however I cannot locate where this is within the Symantec program.

Thanks
NCP