cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Symantec PartnerNet when try to download free softweare

Mohammed_Hamdi_
Level 3
Partner Certified

When ever try to  login to Software License Benefits in symantec partnernet and chose for example " Order NFR License" I ercive the fowlowing error:

Login Error
Your login attempt using single sign-on with an identity provider certificate has failed. Please contact your salesforce.com administrator for more information.

is any one can help to identify if this ia aglobal issue , or I need to to somthing in my brawser ????????????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_Loerzel
Level 3
Partner Employee Accredited

Hi Mohammed,

I've raised this issue with the internal team that can address the issue. They will either be in touch with you directly or i'll come back on this thread with an update. 

Thanks!

Christy

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, it's not your browse...I suspect you need to contact your company's Symantec contact who can give you access to what you need. I have the same issue. It's probably done to prevent abuse of the system.

Mohammed_Hamdi_
Level 3
Partner Certified
I check with my symantec contact and even him has the same problem , how we can report this to symantec web master????

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...hit the support flag for you!

Christy_Loerzel
Level 3

Hi Mohammed,

I've raised this issue with the internal team that can address the issue. They will either be in touch with you directly or i'll come back on this thread with an update. 

Thanks!

Christy

Mohammed_Hamdi_
Level 3
Partner Certified

thanks for your action .

Christy_Loerzel
Level 3

Hi Mohammed,

The team needs some more information to ensure your issue is resolved. Can you please send your contact information to me at christy_loerzel@symantec.com? 

Thanks,

Christy

Christy_Loerzel
Level 3

If you are having issues ordering NFR Licences via PartnerNet, see the step by step instructions below to get activated on the Partner Benefits Administration System (PBAS).

You can order licences from the “Your Partner Program” link, then selecting “Benefits” and then selecting “Software Licence Benefits” (see below)

You then need to click on the “activate now” link as instructed on the page (see below), to ensure you have access to the Partner Benefit Administration System (PBAS).

Once you have been activated, you should be able to scroll down and click on the licence type you wish to order – eg, “Order NFR Licences”, “Order Internal Use Licences”, “Order Evaluation Licences” etc.

You should then be presented with a Terms and Conditions page, which you need to select “I accept the Terms and Conditions” and click Continue (see below)

This should then take you to the PBAS (Partner Benefit Administration System) which looks a little like the ORR Portal if you are used to using that.
Your company information should already be filled in, but its worth checking the shipping address is correct etc.
You then need to click on the 3rd tab PBA Order (see below).

This will take you to the next page where you need to select “New PBA Order”

Then select which type of licence you would like.  You may need to accept the T&C’s again if prompted.

You will then be presented with following page, and you should scroll to the bottom and select “Save and Add Product”

You will then be presented with the product page.  If you type the Product Name in the Product Field eg“NetBackup” this should bring up all the licence options that are available to you under that product and that licence type.

Once you have found the licence you would like to order, you need to tick the box next to it enter the quantity you require, then click “select”.

On the next screen you need to click “Save” if you are finished or “Save and add more products” if you would like to order any more licences.

Once you are taken to the next page, you must click “Submit for Approval” otherwise the order will not get sent for processing.

Once you click submit, a padlock icon should appear next to the item – which means you cannot edit the order as it has been sent.