Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone support issues?

dgunner
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I support Backup Exec for my client and have had to use the telephone support (UK).

For the last 3 weeks there has been a minimum of a one hour wait after being transferred to the next available operator. Today I was told there were two engineers available but am still in a queue an hour later.

What's the situaiton?

Thanks

Damian

7 REPLIES 7

Mjahtetn
Level 6

It was so sad to hear. However, I dont think that there was an issue on the tech support phone line.

Try to also create an online case/ ticket first in https://mysupport.symantec.com/  before contacting them.

Angelique28
Level 4
Employee

There are alot of customers who are also complaining about a long hold time for Tech support. I'll try to look for some infomation about it and will post it as soon as possible.

Angel

Mjahtetn
Level 6

Angel is right. A lot of customer is already complaining about the long hold time. So maybe, we have to do something about it.

I dont even the answer why is it taking that long. Hope this issue will be resolve asap.

smassie
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

I am finding the response and resolution times for support calls are extremely poor. I have polled my customers and many are saying the same thing, while calls I have logged using customers credentials have remained unanswered for months. Added to this I and my customers are finding they are being asked the same questions and being asked to provide the same information over and over again...

It may be down specific to the Symantec products i am involved in but regardless it is not something i or my many customers are appreciating.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Guys: Quick question, but what sort of severity do you log it with? I normally log mine with critical, and the longest I have waited was 45 minutes. Not too good, but at the end of the conversation, I was able to close the call with a solution in hand.

pat051811
Not applicable
Employee

My apologies for the inconvenience. You could also visit this site & perhaps  our knowledge base may answer some of your queries. Here is the link for Back Up Exec Knowledge Base:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=landing&key=15047

Mjahtetn
Level 6

also aside from knowledge base, one can post an issue here in symantec connect. For me, resolution is a lot faster in here compare to phone support. ;)