cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.

KrisHaynes
Level 3

We have a problem whereby we have installed Sophos Anti Virus and since doing so Symantec Backup Exec is causing the entire server to crash on a typical night by night basis.

See for more info:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822219

The Server presents us with the following error:
The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.

I noticed on the support article it refers to obtaining a new filter driver but really I'm not sure the best way to proceed shy of just removing the product...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KrisHaynes
Level 3

Hi CraigV we've uninstalled the product completely but it's still causing the issue, according to the MS article its because a filter driver has been updated so looks like even uninstalling the product wont work. We need to update the OpenFile Agent I think.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you looked at creating an exclusion in Sophos AV to exclude the BE installation directory? At an absolute minimum, exclude the service *.exe files (ie. beserver.exe; beremote.exe)...see if this sorts it out.

KrisHaynes
Level 3

Hi CraigV we've uninstalled the product completely but it's still causing the issue, according to the MS article its because a filter driver has been updated so looks like even uninstalling the product wont work. We need to update the OpenFile Agent I think.