Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Russian translation on Russian PartnerNet

V-Kind
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello everyone,

Could you please give me a contact or advice on how to change translation on localized Russian PartnerNet site?

Problem description:

When I log in on Russian version of PartnerNet I see the dashboad. One of this default dashboard sections says:

warnin.png

The Russian sentence “У вас нет никаких предупреждений” (“You don’t have any warnings”) should be changed to “У вас нет никаких уведомлений” (“You don’t have any alerts”).

The reason is that the current translation uses Russian word “предупреждение”. This word is used in common to warn someone that he/she has done something wrong (e.g. on moderated bogs or forums the moderator could give warning to the user for using offensive language: “You have warning for that. Two more and you will be banned!”). Partners on Russian PartnerNet are being confused with the current translation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markphan
Not applicable
Employee

Hi V-Kind,

The correct Russian translation of the word "Alert" has been updated on PartnerNet. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Mark

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

V-Kind
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Symantec Partner Community. What did I do wrong that I don't have any answer for this?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you marked this as Private meaning that not everybody has access to this. I have modded the query.

Thanks!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Done! It is now visible...

Ruth_Sheehan
Not applicable
Partner Employee

Hi V-Kind,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have added this issue to our backlog of items to fix. I will be discussing this with the PartnerNet team and we will post an update here once the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Ruth

V-Kind
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Craig, thank you so much!

V-Kind
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thank you for helping to fix the issue. Waiting for update.

markphan
Not applicable
Employee

Hi V-Kind,

The correct Russian translation of the word "Alert" has been updated on PartnerNet. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Mark

V-Kind
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your help! This is so great that together we can make better Symantec online resources.