cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving question

swano06
Not applicable

Hey all,

Recently I've created new users in my system who have recieved emails before their account was set up in Symantec. All our emails pass through vault.cloud, as well as Symantecs spam filter. Are the emails which were sent before the account was made able to be found and archived to the respective accounts?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jwong007
Level 3
Employee Accredited

swano06,

If the the archive was receiving journal messages from your email server (prior to those message either sent or received), then those message are captured into the "Unassigned" archive account.  You can request Enterprise Vault.cloud customer service for a re-indexing of your archive instance for those orphan messages to be associated to their respective archive accounts.

If messages were sent and received prior to the enablement of journaling, then those messages will require ingestion into the archive.  There is typically a per gigabyte fee for Enterprise Vault.cloud to ingest data into the archive.  I would reach out to your reseller or Symantec sales representative for assistance.

Cheers,

James Wong

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jwong007
Level 3
Employee Accredited

swano06,

If the the archive was receiving journal messages from your email server (prior to those message either sent or received), then those message are captured into the "Unassigned" archive account.  You can request Enterprise Vault.cloud customer service for a re-indexing of your archive instance for those orphan messages to be associated to their respective archive accounts.

If messages were sent and received prior to the enablement of journaling, then those messages will require ingestion into the archive.  There is typically a per gigabyte fee for Enterprise Vault.cloud to ingest data into the archive.  I would reach out to your reseller or Symantec sales representative for assistance.

Cheers,

James Wong