cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV.Cloud Index

JRead
Level 2

Hello

Can someone tell me how quickly email content is indexed once it is in Enterprise Vault.Cloud?

I know it appears instantly but i presume there is a delay before it is indexed and therefore available to the search function.

Thanks

Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

symantec's official stance is "within 24 hours" but like you said, it's typically there right away

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

symantec's official stance is "within 24 hours" but like you said, it's typically there right away

Josh_Burks1
Not applicable
Employee

Messages journaled over to EV.cloud are immediately available in the archive, yet they must go through the indexing process before they become searchable.  Multiple factors can impact the length of time it takes for messages to be indexed in the archive.  In most cases it can take up to 24 hours as stated.  

AndrewB

Jonathan, did you need anything else?

jwong007
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Jonathan,

As Andrew and Josh have mentioned, the Symantec official SLA for EV.cloud indexing is 24 hours.  In many cases (and I speak from personal experience from my own EV.cloud account)), indexing typically allows me to search for my items between 10-12 hours.  There has been times that the itesm were not searchable until after 24 hours have passed, but 10-12 hour time frame is more typical.