cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enquiring whether Symantec Office 365 archiving is a good fit for us

pkelly_sts
Not applicable

We have just completed a migration to Office 365 for a part of the business that has a slightly "odd" business requirement regarding email archiving so I'm looking around for the most suitable solution for them although I suspect Symantecs offerings may be more complex (and costly?) than they actually require so I thought I'd ask here first.

They are a current on-prem GFI mailArchiver user whose business sells products that are delivered via email. They have a requirement to keep copies of the delivery emails for up to 15yrs as they occassionaly have legal issues with customers making claims that they were sold incorrect information.

They currently have an existing on-prem GFI archive of around 1.7Tb (from an Exchange 2003 environment) but have recently migrated to Office365 so are looking for a solution there, but also potentially for the historic archive.

Their business process is as follows:

All emails containing product delivery are automatically BCC’d to both an Exchange Public Folder and to a dedicated GFI MailArchiver mailbox. The Public Folder is configured to retain 3 months worth of mails and this is generally the first port of call when they have an enquiry. The mailbox is used for GFI to actually archive formally and users would access all historic emails via this archive if they’re older than 3 months.

So, now they need a similar solution for Office365, but only for archiving effectively a single mailbox, but that archive needs to be accessible to multiple users.

Lastly, if we do find a good fit, is there an option to migrate the on-prem GFI archive into a cloud-based one? Doesn’t /have/ to be super-quick import in my opinion, it can be populated over time if required but we’d prefer to not have to rely on the local physical infrastructure if it can be avoided, especially as it’s for data that’ll never change but does occasionally need to be accessed.

Any info/pointers (especially around pricing) greatfully appreciated..

(Also my first post here so hopefully I'm in the right place!)

Regards,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jwong007
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Paul,

Enterprise Vault.cloud utilizes the journal method of collecting all inbound, outbound, internal, and external emails from Office 365; so there is no need for age of the message as a determining factor for archiving since all messages will be archived immediately.  Second, with unlimited storage at no additional cost, you can be confident that every message will be captured without any fear of storage constraints.

180px_EV.cloud_.PNG

You mentioned that you need to keep messages for 15 years due to possible litigations.  Enterprise Vault.cloud allows you to customize retention at no cost.  Therefore, 15 year default retention can be easily set.

End-users can access their archive messages within an Outlook client, OWA, web-browser, or mobile device without the need of any hardware or software.  Actually the ability to archive emails, access the archive messages, restoring of archive messages, exporting of archive message from an Office 365 environment does not require any hardware or software.

You also mentioned the need for multiple users to access a archive mailbox.  This is absolutely available by granting those users "Reviewer" role for that particular "shared" archive mailbox.

Lastly, Enterprise Vault.cloud can import messages into the cloud archive repository and we have migration partners that can assist you with the extraction of messages out of GFI MailArchiver if you need the assistance.

Feel free to reach out to your preferred reseller or a Symantec sales representative for more information or a demonstration of this top ranked cloud archive service.

Cheers,

James Wong

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jwong007
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Paul,

Enterprise Vault.cloud utilizes the journal method of collecting all inbound, outbound, internal, and external emails from Office 365; so there is no need for age of the message as a determining factor for archiving since all messages will be archived immediately.  Second, with unlimited storage at no additional cost, you can be confident that every message will be captured without any fear of storage constraints.

180px_EV.cloud_.PNG

You mentioned that you need to keep messages for 15 years due to possible litigations.  Enterprise Vault.cloud allows you to customize retention at no cost.  Therefore, 15 year default retention can be easily set.

End-users can access their archive messages within an Outlook client, OWA, web-browser, or mobile device without the need of any hardware or software.  Actually the ability to archive emails, access the archive messages, restoring of archive messages, exporting of archive message from an Office 365 environment does not require any hardware or software.

You also mentioned the need for multiple users to access a archive mailbox.  This is absolutely available by granting those users "Reviewer" role for that particular "shared" archive mailbox.

Lastly, Enterprise Vault.cloud can import messages into the cloud archive repository and we have migration partners that can assist you with the extraction of messages out of GFI MailArchiver if you need the assistance.

Feel free to reach out to your preferred reseller or a Symantec sales representative for more information or a demonstration of this top ranked cloud archive service.

Cheers,

James Wong

gebrial
Level 2

Quite helpful and informative !

The above post gives a clear understanding about working style of Enterprise Vault.cloud. I think, it seems more benificial for mid-size as well as big business users.