Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How EV (cloud or not) archive emails from O365

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

As I understand when I use EV.cloud or on-premises with O365, I've a copy of the emails so I don't freed space on the O365 mailboxes isn't it? And the users don't see the classic EV icons in their mailboxes like shortcuts, awaiting backup and so on...

Is it correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There are this whitepaper:

The Need for Third Party Security, Compliance and Other Capabilities in Microsoft Office 365

and this datasheet:

Enterprise Vault.cloud for Office 365 Comparison Matrix

I would recommend reading those to see if O365 fits the checkboxes for your customer.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling

You can't use EV on-prem with O365 so you would have to look at EV.Cloud.

This is a good place to start:

http://www.symantec.com/office-365-archiving

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi superf. i think we were talking about this before so i'll elaborate a bit. you can still journal from Office365 to EV on prem and you've seen the link to the EV11 SP1 beta so you know about the new features coming out soon. you're correct that it's based on journaling so there's no savings in mailbox sizes/space when archiving from Office365 to EV. Same thing applies with EV.cloud. there arent any shortcuts but it's also based on journaling from Office365 (SMTP-based connector) and users can get to their email and/or you can use it for legal/eDiscovery/compliance purposes.

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Ok.

Now if I use EV.cloud with O365 I've an archive for all the users I want to archive.

But if I use an EV On-premises with an internal Exchange that receive journal email from the O365 I can create only the journal archive so I cannot have single archives like on the EV.cloud, isn't it?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

for now that's correct. however, i would expect that functionality to come very soon.

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

So the first question that my customer say is : "Why is useful to archive O365 with EV.cloud or EV"?

Answer? :)

TonySterling

There are this whitepaper:

The Need for Third Party Security, Compliance and Other Capabilities in Microsoft Office 365

and this datasheet:

Enterprise Vault.cloud for Office 365 Comparison Matrix

I would recommend reading those to see if O365 fits the checkboxes for your customer.

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Great! Thanks!