cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from EV Cloud to Ev 11 on-premises

nwalsh
Level 4

Hello.

Im just looking for some information in regards if this is posible or not.

We have moved our Archiving out to the cloud. We had some issues and now we are looking to move back to on on-premises.

My question is.

For example the client access there archive via outlook / EV11 which is redirected out to EV cloud. Obtain the mailbox archive. then downloads the mailbox to on-premise storage for future accessing.

A simple yes or no.

any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks in advanced.

Noel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So you could use a third-party tool like our Archive Shuttle to migrate the data to your new EV 11 site.  

Currently, there are not any Symantec Certified solutions for migrating off ev.cloud to on-prem EV.  Symantec will put your data into PST's and then those PST's can be imported into the EV 11 site.  Again, that is something we can help you with using our software.

Best,

Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

You will need to work with Symantec on this project.  Did you work with Symantec or a reseller to purchase EV.Cloud?  They would be your first contact.  My understanding is you request your data from EV.Cloud, it will be shipped to you on disk and then you import that data into EV 11.

nwalsh
Level 4

Hi Tony.

Thank you for coming back to me.

We had worked with a Reseller to get EV.Cloud setup for our company. But we are having teeing issues ever since we moved to the Cloud. Now that we are looking to move back, the reseller did mention to have to have the data returned back to us at a cost. But we were hoping that if it was possible to have the data re-directed instead of going to the cloud. It access the Cloud archive but pulls a copy of the vaulted mailbox to on premise Ev11.

We have both journing to the cloud as well as EV11. But we were hoping instead of a big cost of haven the data retrieved from the Cloud.

I will go back to the reseller and ask if there is an other option.

On another note of another question. We also have an EV9 archive that has been switched off. now this has from when the company was setup till 2013. We are hoping to get the mailboxes moved into EV11 is this posible?

the old EV9 is running on a Windows 2008 64bit. If that helps.

sorry for the shortness in my answers as im just new to Enterprise Vault and Cloud.

Thanks in Advance.

Noel

TonySterling

So you could use a third-party tool like our Archive Shuttle to migrate the data to your new EV 11 site.  

Currently, there are not any Symantec Certified solutions for migrating off ev.cloud to on-prem EV.  Symantec will put your data into PST's and then those PST's can be imported into the EV 11 site.  Again, that is something we can help you with using our software.

Best,

Tony

nwalsh
Level 4

Hi Tony.

Thank you for clearing that up for me thanks. I will contact support to arrange the PST's to be exported from the Cloud.

Thanks,

Noel.