Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32 to 64 bit EV9 to EV10 + Database Migration

Matthew_Cowen
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi All

Apologies if this has been answered. I have looked at the forums and read the relevant docs, there are two (HOWTO42445 and TECH141481).

My client has an all-in-one configuration as its for a small company, ie. SQL 2005 and EV 9.0.3 on the same server.

My wish is to use the Server Settings Migration Wizard. I have validated the current install, installed SQL 208 SP3 and EV 10.0.3 (I'll apply the .4 patch at a later date) but not configured anything as per the instructions. The Migration Wizard runs on the source server with no problems, all is ok.

The only archiving used is Exchange. Exchange version is 2007.

My questions :

Does the Migration Wizard export and import the EV Databases, Indexes and their data ? I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to this.

If not, how do I create the databases and indexes and move the data across ?

The Vault Store is on a disk that can be re-attached to the new server, but not the databases.

Many thanks in advance.

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The server migration wizard does not move any data, only the server configurations.  You'll need to move/copy the Indexes and Vault Stores to their appropriate location on the new server. For SQL, you'll need to copy/move them to the new SQL server.  I've found that a backup and restore is generally the best way to move SQL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The server migration wizard does not move any data, only the server configurations.  You'll need to move/copy the Indexes and Vault Stores to their appropriate location on the new server. For SQL, you'll need to copy/move them to the new SQL server.  I've found that a backup and restore is generally the best way to move SQL.

Matthew_Cowen
Level 3
Partner Accredited

@WiTSend Many thanks for the clarification.