cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

41619 - transient error

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

I have below happening frequently. According to SQL DBA's, nothing wrong on SQL servers.. Does anyone know where the timeout mentioned is set? I'd like to up that a bit.

A transient error is preventing the execution of a SQL command. Enterprise Vault will try to run the command again.

Command: 'EVSqlCommand: DB: Data Source=server\instance,port;Initial Catalog=EVVSvaultstore;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=180 - Command: uspu_RollbackCommittedWork'

Attempt: 1 of 40.

Last Error: Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi Gertjan,

This is an issue with that Stored Procedure which is updated in EV 14 and 12.5.3, which is due to release next week.  It is due to the batching of items to process that can take longer if tables are fragmented or very large.  

Regards,

Patrick 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Joseph_Correia
Level 5
Partner Accredited

@GertjanA - I'm seeing these events in other 12.5.2 environments as well.  I did come across an article stating this comes up during EV indexing processing and that it would be fixed in a later version?

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100048339

Prone2Typos

Anyone have details on the change made and what is expected as a result handy on this one? That KB is inspecific? Any Etrack IDs or anything like it?

GertjanA

We opened a case (210121-001034).

The indexing Engine changed. The article however describes some Stored Procedures causing this. One of the reasons I believe we are seeing this now is that we enabled Storage Expiry, and are expiring millions of items currently.

That last statement - 'it's fixed when it's fixed' :) 

I am pretty sure EV engineering is aware of this, and the possible issues it causes, and are working on getting it fixed. I expect 12.5.3 (and/or 14.1) to be ready end of Q1, ealry Q2, and we'll apply 12.5.3 then.

Regards. Gertjan

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi Gertjan,

This is an issue with that Stored Procedure which is updated in EV 14 and 12.5.3, which is due to release next week.  It is due to the batching of items to process that can take longer if tables are fragmented or very large.  

Regards,

Patrick 

Prone2Typos

So all SQL changes and no changes to index volumes. All that works for me.... thanks

GertjanA

Cool, thanks Patrick.

I'll start scheduling the 12.5.3 applying.

Regards. Gertjan

What is the fix if we are unable to upgrade to EV 14 or 12.5.3 and facing the same issue?

Prone2Typos

the fix is programmatic to the stored procedures shipped with the product. best to upgrade to ensure support-ability and upgrade ability in the future.  The good news is you have a great reason to upgrade.....