cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4167 An exception has been raised SimpleAutoMutex/C/L

akj2k
Level 3
We are performing client driven PST migration for our users I have noticed quite a few failure with the message 'PST migration of \\asd\sds\xyz.pst; Unspecified error. please check the event logs' , and in the event logs I have noticed lot of 4167 errors at the time of migration failure. Exception has been raised Internal Reference SimpleAutoMutex/C/L EV$MigratorServer$ArchiveFolder$ An Exception is raised when a process encounters an unexpected fault. has some one ever noticed this error , what is the solution for it Please advice.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are there any other events?

What version of EV are you using?

Your issues sounds a lot like this one:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/getting-error-code-4167-8567-while-while-pst-migration-process

You might want to chech the EV 8 sp 4 release notes to see if it mentions a correction for this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are there any other events?

What version of EV are you using?

Your issues sounds a lot like this one:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/getting-error-code-4167-8567-while-while-pst-migration-process

You might want to chech the EV 8 sp 4 release notes to see if it mentions a correction for this.

akj2k
Level 3
We are using EV 8.0 SP3, I have also noticed a lot of 6592 and 8567 event

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I have seen this where pst has messages which are either corrupt or in some non-english language(if using Western European as PST language). Just for test, can you get a copy of such pst and do client driven migration or import manually to see if this still happens.

HonkyTonkHero
Level 4

I've got the same problem. I am doing alot of Client-Driven migrations and we get this error numerous times throughout the day. I wouldnt doubt that they are related to some type of corruption in the PST. However, I did open a case with support and we have been troubleshooting it for a few weeks now. I lowered the amount of concurrent PST's we are migrating down to 5 from 10...the number of mutex errors went down, but so did the number of PST's we were importing on a daily basis.

Support also said they could be caused by AntiVirus programs. I have the KVS directory and PST files disabled from scanning so I hope that removes that concern. If I come up with anything from support I will post the resolution here.