Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A1 queu

Vlad2010
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi!

We run some situation here where Exch 2003 server was decommitioned. Mailboxes moved to new Exch 2010 server.

A1 queue for old Exch 2003 server has more than 100000 messages in it.

Tried to cancel pending items to 0 in policies, but archiving task failed( server does not exict any more)

Could you please let me know if it safe to purge messages from A1 queue and how to save those messages.

Thank you  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi vlad,

this topic has been covered quite a lot in the forums. it's safe to purge the queue and then run the archive task in report mode to reset the pending items. there's nothing to save really.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AndrewB

hi vlad,

this topic has been covered quite a lot in the forums. it's safe to purge the queue and then run the archive task in report mode to reset the pending items. there's nothing to save really.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

just to add to what andrew said, you will end up with duplicates in the archive though after you do your cancel pending, but theres absolutely nothing you can do at this stage

and rather than purging the queue, just delete it altogether

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Vlad2010
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you for help!

My understanding that A1 queue can be deleted instead of purge messages?

What archiving task do I have to run in report mode ; for old server on new ones?

thank you again 

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

the tasks for the old servers will never work because the exchange server is gone
so delete the old servers tasks, and delete the old servers MSMQ's
then on the new server , set the pending shortcut time out to something like 2 weeks, then synchronize the mailboxes and then run the task with shortcut processing only

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Vlad2010
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you very much for your help!

All good

AndrewB

that's awesome vlad. please make sure to mark the solution for others to reference.