cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API questions

ldblanchet
Level 3
I am using the following APIs to perform some operations on my archives and their content :

DirectoryConnection
IndexClient
EVContentManagementAPI

I have a few questions about them.

The first thing I noticed is that when getting an Item using the EVContentManagementAPI, there are certain fields on it that are modified pretty randomly (well there is certainly a reason, but I did not figure it out yet). These fields are kvsCreatedDate and kvsModified date (Accessed with Iitem.Content.ModifiedDate and Iitem.Content.CreatedDate). Every time I query for the same file in the same archive, these values seem to change. I'm not certain if a particular EV task could make this happen, but I'd really like to know what it is.

Another question I have is how to get an URI that makes Exchange items open in Outlook, a bit like you would get when using the Administration Console search interface. It's pretty easy to get an URI to make items open in OWA, but I was wondering how to get the item to get mails to open in Outlook..

thank you,

Louis-Daniel

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi there

Haven't got an answer for the first part, this is a question for Symantec Support, I'd recommend.

For the second part, I'm not quite sure if I understand your question correctly, but try this:

Search for an E-Mail in the Browser Search (http://evserver/EnterpriseVault), you there have the option on an Item to "show Complete Element" or something like this (transalted from German). You can get the URI from there...
In my case it is for example:

download.asp?VaultID=<id>&SaveSetID=<SSID>&webapp=1&Title=<mailtitle>

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Just curious,

What is your goal for developing the tool?

Sorry but I do not have the answers to your questions.

Jim S.

ldblanchet
Level 3
I'm trying to get the most information possible on the item, and I need a way to determine if it has changed. If one of the values of the available metadata on an item is modified constantly by something unknown , it makes it more difficult ( I think I will just ignore those metadata)