cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to drag and drop shortcuts in OL2010 - when will this happen?

AL_G
Level 4

Hello

As documented in TECH133955 and the release notes "known issues"

You get an error if you try and drag and drop a shortcut item (and have to use "workarounds" such as right click "move")

The article says :"The root cause of this behaviour is currently under investigation" "

Is this still "under investigation" or is it really just a "bug" which Symantec havn't got round to fixing yet?!

Can you give an update on current status and ideally of when it will be fixed?

Thanks

-AL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

A fair amount of analysis has been done.  It is currently marked against a future EV release.  Which essentially means it's not committed to be delivered in any release at the moment (since hard core coding against that future has not yet begun).  

The issue is that the underlying mechanisms/methods that the Outlook Addin uses have changed quite a bit with Outlook 2010.. this is one of the unforeseen areas, and one which requires some significant changes/workarounds to the Addin (and therefore can't be undertaken likely).

I have added your company to the current escalation we have open, the more customers who report it/discuss it the more weight we have behind attempting a code change.

I will ask for the technote to be updated to reflect this.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

A fair amount of analysis has been done.  It is currently marked against a future EV release.  Which essentially means it's not committed to be delivered in any release at the moment (since hard core coding against that future has not yet begun).  

The issue is that the underlying mechanisms/methods that the Outlook Addin uses have changed quite a bit with Outlook 2010.. this is one of the unforeseen areas, and one which requires some significant changes/workarounds to the Addin (and therefore can't be undertaken likely).

I have added your company to the current escalation we have open, the more customers who report it/discuss it the more weight we have behind attempting a code change.

I will ask for the technote to be updated to reflect this.

Working for cloudficient.com