cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied. User is not in a role that allows '{DIR} Can administer Enterprise Vault'.

obwan
Level 2

Hi All,

I have just migrated from one EV server to another and now the Storage and Task Controller services will not start reporting errors 8391 & 4216. I have read all the KB articles on the solutions but none have worked up to now - Does anyone have any more ideas please?

The Enterprise Vault servers are being used purely for File Archiving only (No Exchange).

I moved the databases as well as the LUNS which were attached to the old EV server across - Everything was green when running through the migration and apart from these two services everthing else looks OK.

1 REPLY 1

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

can you post the full errors you're seeing in the event logs?

are you logged in as the EV service account? are all the EV services running as the same service account you used on the old server? are the tasks set to run with the EV service account?

If you answered yes to all of those, while logged in as the EV service account run the deployment scanner and make sure nothing comes back with errors.

just a guess at this point but since you say you tried everything already, if deployment scanner checks out then maybe something got hosed in the server move process and you can try reinstalling the EV binaries.