cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to archive mails getting lost every day at particluar time

Cdee
Level 6

Hi People,

I am having a weired issue going on in my EV enviroment, Everday at around same time that is in evening users would unable to access archived mails they get the error of "This mail is been archived by EV and some functionality is unavailable" also Archive expolorer wont work at the same time, hence i have to restart the storage service to make it work. As per my knowelege noting is been changed lately apart from my task schedules and at that time no task is running on ev server.

Looking at the Event logs i see lot of errors and i am completely lost looking at those.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Storage File Watch
Event ID: 6273
Date:  12/7/2011
Time:  12:14:45 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: EV server

Description: Failed to inform the Archiving Service of successful storage of a Saveset in a Vault Store.
Reason: Success  (0)

Event Category: Archive Task
Event ID: 6194
Date:  12/7/2011
Time:  12:14:45 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: MUMIS3054
Description:
Failed to begin transaction
<0xc000009a>

Event Category: Archive Task
Event ID: 6181
Dat...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cdee
Level 6

Its been solved i did couple of changes to my EV server
1) Changed the regsitry setting of DSserver to point it to my local DC/GC
2) As i am using EMC centera i change the scan partition time from 15 mins to 60 mins
3) Also i have created 2 batch file to restart the task and storage service daily at 1:00 AM.

not sure if that make sense but it has helped me to solve my problem :D

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

I wonder if this is something like an anti-virus scan kicking in and scanning the MSMQ storage location. If it happens at the same time every day then it has to be something that runs around that time and the errors suggest that it's a problem with sending updates between the agent and storage service via MSMQ to me

Maverik
Level 6

When yous ay Archive Explorer won't work do you mean that you cannot open Archive Explorer or that Archive Explorer cannot open archived items?  YThe reason I ask is that if you cannot access Archive Explorer at these tiems as well it would sound to me that the problems go beyond Storage Service as actually launching AE is IIS based.  Can you ping the EV Server at these times OK? Are you able to perfrom any sort of network analysis at this time, such as NETMON or Solarwinds?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What OS and version of EV are you on? Sounds like memory exhaustion to me, after all the hexcode you posted above is a page file issue If you can, upgrade to ev9 sp3 as it fixes a few storage memory leaks, also restart services when you can as well, especially task controller as MAPI has a bunch of memory leaks also which is beyond ev's control Oh and also make sure you have enough virtual memory (150% of your physical memory)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I also suggst you look at the exchange sync task as the events occur around midday which is normally after the default sync. Remember that we sync with the GC you set at the site level or as a reg key setting and if this GC has incorrect permissions due to AD sync issues then the archives will be updated with incorrect permissions until the next sync assuming the GC has resolved the issue. So try another GC.

Cdee
Level 6

Its been solved i did couple of changes to my EV server
1) Changed the regsitry setting of DSserver to point it to my local DC/GC
2) As i am using EMC centera i change the scan partition time from 15 mins to 60 mins
3) Also i have created 2 batch file to restart the task and storage service daily at 1:00 AM.

not sure if that make sense but it has helped me to solve my problem :D

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

You shouldn't need to use step (3) - that, in my opinion, is a bit overkill.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Well to be honest I think its a combination of step 2 and 3, because it was StorageFileWatch causing the memory issues, restarting the storage services unfortunately still needs to be done, especially in heavier environments because of the memory build up over time, i've seen it time and time again in my own environment and on the forums where storage casuses memory exhaustion on the servers

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146