cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Archived items in other users mailbox

SemajS
Level 2
I am using Enterprise Vault V7.5.  All users have the EV client installed and are using Outlook 2003 SP3 and XP SP2.

I have a user who has access to another persons mailbox in order to do administrative work in a few folders.  When she doubles clicks on an archived message in the other user's mailbox it does not bring up the original like it does in her own mailbox.  It brings up the message banner on the email like it would if the client were not installed, "This item has been archived by enterprise vault" and "click here to view original item"

I have tried giving the user access to that mailbox in the admin console (which I would prefer not to, and have it pull permissions from exchange) which fixed a different problem.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.
3 REPLIES 3

SemajS
Level 2

OlafD
Level 5
Great, I encountered this incident here too! This worked for me too. I am glad that some people still take the effort to update their topic to let others know what the solution was when they solved it. It is quite frustrated when you search a forum, find the exact incident you are having and there is no solution. Or when someone says 'never mind, I solved it'.

Thanks again!

Olaf

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you need any more assistance with this?
If a post solved your problem, can you mark that as the Solution?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.