cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing EV Archive in for another user in another EV site, same AD/Exch

peter_jurgens
Level 2

At the moment we have our exchange infrastructure distributed geographically across 3 main regions eg. Americas, EMEA, Asia. AD is a single domain with multiple sites based on georgraphic location. We have EV sites in each region, each configured independtly of the other sites. The scenario is that we have a user (User A) who is in the Asia region, trying to access an email item from the archive of a former employee (User B) from our Americas region, whose mailbox and archive reside in the Americas site. User A has full access to User B's mailbox in exchange and full access to User B's EV archive. However, when trying to open an archived item, the user is prompted for credentials. The credential prompt seems to be asking to log on to our Asia EV site, instead of the Americas site (which is what I expected, since the target mail item resides on the vault in the Americas site).

I've followed the instructions on this thread: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/access-archives-different-enterprise-vault-site

however I continue to experience the same issue. Can anyone else offer any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So what are the site aliases, and what did you put in the Web Application URL?

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So what are the site aliases, and what did you put in the Web Application URL?

peter_jurgens
Level 2

D'oh! It's fixed now... The instructions on the thread I referenced in my original post were correct, I simply used the wrong site alias! In the administration console the name of the site is like "xxEVSite" however the site ALIAS is not... input the right alias in the advanced properties of my desktop policy, synchronized my mailbox and it's working like a dream now... Thanks Rob.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're welcome.