cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentaly deleted vault store database in SQL

mamangbadag
Level 2

Hi guys we have problem about vault partition

we have two vault store partition in our enterprise vault let say 'VS for OA' and 'VS for EM', accidentaly the 'VS for EM' deleted in the SQL server, and then in the VAC the vault store cannot be deleted, because EV always searching the 'VS for EM' in the SQL server. we have try to delete connection string in ODBC via Registry and then we restart the EV server, but the vault store cannot be deleted, until we try restart sql server also the problem not be gone, if we  delete the vault store the VAC will be shown "couldn't not delete the vault store 'VS for EM' because the Storage Service on 'mailarc.danamon.co.id' is not running" but we check in the services.msc, all EV service are running.

we have several event ID and capture below

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

Evant ID 41619

A transient error is preventing the execution of a SQL command. Enterprise Vault will try to run the command again. Command: 'EVSqlConnection: DB: Data Source=BDI-PRD-EVDB;Initial Catalog=EVVSVSForEM_2;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=120' Attempt: 15 of 40. Last Error: Cannot open database "EVVSVSForEM_2" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'CORP\ev.admin'. 

Event ID 13397

Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=BDI-PRD-EVDB;Database=EVVSVSForEM_2;Trusted_Connection=yes

Thanks for your attention

8 REPLIES 8

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is not something which can be resolved in the forum. You will need to contact support for this.

Do you have a backup of that Vault Store database? Can you restore it?

Regards. Gertjan

actually we don't have backup the vault store database, i have contacted support but no respons

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Please tell me this is a test environment.. no backup of SQL database? oeps.

If you contacted support, and you have a valid support contract, you might want to call them again. When on the phone with an engineer, explain them what happend, and this is really a P1 for you. That should get someone alerted and starting to assist.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi,

Without a DB backup it will be difficult for Support to get the environment working. Even an old datbase backup would be useful as there is an EVSVR > Repair > ArchivesVaultStore operation that can recreate the entries in the vault store.  Then a Repair > DatabaseReferences can be run to ensure all the partition data is referenced properly.  

Without this a new vault store would have to be created and some manual manipulation can be attempted to try and get the DB prepared to run the above operations.  Typically, this is more of a consulting issue rather than a Support issue as Support would rely on having some form of backup. 

Regards,

Patrick

Our customer not backup the sql database, because they said they want to backup the database if EV server become production server, now ev server is in staging environment

veritas  support has been investigate this issue and will update by today, the scenario is we loss vault store database in SQL server but we can't delete the vault store in EV server, any workaround or suggestion by you ?

Thanks for your help 

Actually we can recover database by third party software (Get Databack) but we can't attach the database to sql server, if i read some article maybe database was corrupted, so the veritas support said we have data loss scenario and they will help us about this, if you have suggestion more you can explain to me

Thanks for your help

You may be able to run dbcc checkdb on the database to get it in a working state.  This would allow EV to possibley repair some of the EV entries. Microsoft may be able to help with this if needed. 

Regards,

Patrick

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

for light corruption of databases DBCC CHECKDB and DBCC DEBREPAIR will be your tools.

Otherwise I would suggest to use third party tools to fix the corruption.

I have used SysTools - SQL Recovery to fix some errors. But sometimes even this will not help.

You will probably need help of a technical expertise of Veritas to check the database errors as soon as you can view the tables.